Job Reference: 834-170001D2
Employer:Virgin CareLocation:GravesendSalary:26,565 - 35,577
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Gravesham Community Hospital based in the Sapphire Unit at Gravesend and we are looking to appoint a committed, highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled Band 6 Nurse to join our, dynamic, integrated multi- disciplinary team. This post is for Registered General Adult Nurses with advance clinical skills and knowledge and understanding of the values of Virgin and the principles of rehabilitation. The successful applicant will be dynamic, innovative and motivated with an understanding and passion for multidisciplinary working taking a lead role in the further development of collaborative working between the acute trusts and community hospitals Possessing exceptional interpersonal, communication, organisational and leadership skills is essential to this role to be able to lead a team and manage the team structure, dynamics and development, to influence and lead in sustained improvements within the unit. In return for your dedication and hard work, we offer established, structured mentoring and staff development packages to support you in your role.
Our service is based in the region of Gravesend in Kent. At Gravesham Community Hospital we aim to deliver first class care to patients within the inpatient unit. We care for a range of conditions including the frail older person, orthopaedic post op surgery, and general medical conditions. Our goal is to provide the rehabilitation to our patients in ensuring a safe discharge home.
Y ou will be working alongside our team of dedicated professionals including:
* Outside organisations
* registered practitioners
* Rehabilitation assistants
* The team has a great professional support network which includes regular interaction and team meetings under your guidance and supervision, which allows us to grow, learn and develop together.
Role summary As Team Sister you will deal with a variety of patients and conditions and contribute to the overall performance of the team by being a proactive, enthusiastic team leader. The role will also involve:
* Caring for patients, families, and staff
* Actively listening, understanding and responding to patients in resolving issues and complaints
* Delivering, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care, through audit and implementation of change
* Being an active and participating member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible, transferring your skills to develop staff and ensure a competent and proactive workforce
* A commitment to ongoing improvement and development of the service
* Excellent communication skills
You The essential qualities we are looking for in our Team Sister applicants are:
* 1st Level Registration as an RGN to degree level (or willing to undertake)
* Excellent communication and time management skills
* Motivating and inspirational leader
* Ability to work both independently and also as part of the wider multidisciplinary team
* Demonstration of ongoing professional development and a commitment to providing high quality, safe and effective care that meets the needs of patients
* Ability to relate to patients and colleagues in a sensitive manner
* A flexible approach to work with the ability to work across a team rota
* Keen to develop new skills and undertake clinical training, to benefit the unit
* Innovative and enthusiastic with a passion for rehabilitation
The rewards As a valued member of the team, we'll offer you a competitive salary of 26,565 to 35,577 per annum including NHS / Group pension, ongoing training and development and good quality working conditions. Working for Virgin Care comes with additional benefits - these include use of the Virgin tribe card which offers discounts on many products including up to 40% off Virgin trains, discounts on Virgin holidays and a host of other savings. Virgin Care is a vibrant organisation committed to progressive, continuous improvement within a thriving team. If our Team Sister role appeals, you have the qualities we are looking for, share our values and feel excited by the prospect of what we can do for your career then we'd love to hear from you. Virgin Care are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. Virgin Care Limited reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
For the purpose of this application, NHS Jobs will share your information with Virgin Care Ltd. Your information will be processed through our recruitment management system, where we will securely store and process your personal information contained within this application form, allowing us to keep you updated on the progress of this enrolment. Virgin Care Ltd. will not process your information for any reason other than your application.
For more information explaining how we use your information please see our full Privacy Notice available in the section 'Read this before applying'.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Nursing & Midwifery Registered
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (378 KB)
* Additional Information (26 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:02/10/2017Contact Name:Ann FriendEmail Address:email@example.com
* None Available
* Virgin Care website
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.