Job Reference: 199-M9020
Employer:Croydon Health Services NHS TrustDepartment:CateringLocation:CroydonSalary:22,962 - 26,236 pa inclusive of HCAS
Croydon is a busy, exciting and diverse place to work. The borough has one of the youngest populations in London and continues to grow. Croydon Health Services cares for local people at Croydon University Hospital, Purley Memorial Hospital and in clinics and people's homes all across the borough.
We are a very close-knit and friendly organisation where everyone of our 3600 members of staff is valued. We strongly believe that our employees are our greatest asset and so through Listening into Action - our way of engaging staff - we empower everyone at any level to initiate and bring about real improvements in our care.
As a Trust, we are striving to be at the forefront for how the NHS is trying change and working in partnership with others to join up services for everyone, from the very young to the elderly. Looking forward, we are also building a new 21.25m Emergency Department at Croydon University Hospital which will offer the highest standards of urgent and emergency care facilities to the borough and transform care for local people.
We offer many flexible and part-time working opportunities and all of our employees can enjoy a range of staff benefits, including parking, a gym, an active health and wellbeing programme, an on-site nursery and a cycle to work scheme. We value diversity and promote equality of opportunity.
Join us and be a part of the team that is making Croydon proud. You won't be disappointed.
This role will be responsible to facilitate an effective & efficient in-house catering service for providing food, drink & Customer Service to our patients, Staff & Visitors to Croydon University Hospital 24 Hours a day 7 days a week.
The post holder will provide excellent provision of an effective patient, staff and visitor catering function at the Trust. You will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the kitchen and associated areas within the Catering Department, ensuring quality and standards of food, special patient diets, general cleanliness and hygiene within the production areas.
You will be expected to play an active role in the development of the retail catering strategy to improve systems and processes which drive productivity and cost reductions whilst adhering to the Trusts ABC policy.
Working Monday to Friday with weekend working on a rota basis.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more detailed information.
The catering service employs in excess of 100 directly employed staff, produces in excess of 10,000 meals a week and an annual budget of in excess of 2M.
The role will include working with all levels of clinical and non-clinical staff across all Trust sites as well as working closely with customers of the services, key stakeholders and external agencies such as Environmental Health/Trading Standards Officers from Croydon Council.
WE COMMUNICATE TO ALL JOB APPLICANTS VIA THE E-MAIL ADDRESS WHICH HAS BEEN PROVIDED ON THE APPLICATION FORM. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CHECK YOUR E-MAIL ON A REGULAR BASIS
* After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application or receive messages through the NHS Jobs website, and as an employer, we will not be able to respond to any e-mails sent to us via the NHS Jobs website. By applying for this post you are agreeing to Croydon Health Services NHS Trust transferring the information contained in this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
* In submitting an application form, you authorise Croydon Health Services NHS Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post.
* During the recruitment process your Identity Documentation will be scanned using a device which recognises UV, Infrared and Machine Readable Zone security features of the documents provided.
* Due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the published closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.
* If you decide to apply for this post, but do not hear back from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
* If you need to discuss any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act, require the application form in a different format or would like advice in regard to the recruitment process, please telephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8401 3000.Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com ), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Apply for this job
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:37.5Pay Scheme:Agenda for changePay Band:4Staff Group:Estates & AncillarySpecialty/Function:Catering
Read this before applying
* Job Description & Person Specification (326 KB)
Apply for this jobClosing Date:30/09/2017
* Here for You Standards Handbook
* CHS DBS Policy Statement
* Croydon Health Services
* How to find Croydon Health Services
* Croydon Health Twitter Page
If you have any concerns about this job then please report it to our Customer Service team.