Region UK - West (North West, West Midlands & Wales)
PH Jones, part of British Gas, is a leading player in the Social Housing sector and a provider of gas central heating service, repair, installations, and electrical & renewable technologies. We are now looking to recruit an enthusiastic Bid Manager to join our team.
* Location: Runcorn
* Full time; PermanentThe Role
What will you be doing?
You'll provide a bid writing and proposal service in addition to project managing social housing bids, liaising with the Operational Delivery, Legal and Finance teams as necessary. Your day to day duties will include:
* Produce customer focussed and compelling soft market test documentation, PQQs and tender quality submissions
* Complete and submit bids, ensuring all compliance procedures have been followed
* Develop a creative approach to the writing and presentation of bids
* Build internal and external relationships in order to create quality bids
* Maintain and update an information library
* Obtain client feedback on successful and unsuccessful bids
* Thoroughly review tenders that you are responsible for to ensure risks are properly understood and controlled
* Understand the build-up and cost mechanisms within the tender, and the impact of client requirements on the quality and pricing solutions
* Support in preparation and delivery of client presentations post submission
* Co-ordinate internal and external stakeholders throughout the bid process
* Ensure that the organisation, its mission, strategy, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive imageThe Person
To be great in this role......
You'll have the ability to work as part of a team and work under pressure to meet deadlines. We're looking for somebody with great communication skills who can collaborate effectively with management and stakeholders. In addition we're looking for:
* Excellent writing skills, able to write creatively and logically to produce quality and compelling documents
* Excellent organisation, negotiation and presentation skills
* Strong commercial skills to support Estimators in the overall bid submission
* Ability to build great relationships, influence others, network effectively and partner the business with confidence and credibility
* Able to drive change and manage stakeholders effectively
* Strategic thinker and decision makerThe Company
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the 'Apply' button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update required: Bid Manager R9924361' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com .